SECOND KEDEESA & KAGYORAA FESTIVAL (SENKITI) – 2021
THEME – BUILDING UNITY THROUGH DIVERSITY
Join the second Kedeesa/Kagyoraa festival to probe, explore and experience our understanding of diversity, inclusion and identity.
DELOO (NORTHERN NTRUBU) TRADITIONAL AREA KEDEESA/KAGYORAA FESTIVAL (SENKITI) PROGRAMME OF ACTIVITIES
In November 2021, we, the Chiefs and people of Deloo/Delo (Northern Ntrubu) Traditional Area, under the leadership of the Omanhene (Gyoogyane), De Gbegyoo Obirikitibi Amnadu Omordie, launched Kedeesa and Kagyoraa festival to renew the strength and unity of our Kingdom for progress and development. Some highlights of activities in last year’s festival celebration included resolution of disputes between and/or among communities, clans, families and Traditional Rulers. Since then, calm has returned to the entire kingdom and the Chiefs as well as the good people of Deloo Traditional Area have lived in and enjoyed peace, love and unity.
The launch was not only a huge success, but also colourful and well attended.
The second Kedeesa and Kagyoraa festival is scheduled from 21 December 2021 to 2 January 2022. The celebration is aimed at not only sustaining the gains made in our renewed strength, unity and development in Deloo Traditional Area, which characterised the launch of the festival last year, but also, uniting our people through diversity for the development of the kingdom.
Deloo (Northern Ntrubu)Traditional Area:
Deloo Traditional Area comprises:
1. Bontibor – Seat of Paramoutcy;
2. Bontibor – Konti Division;
3. Pusupu – Nifa Division;
4. Akyem – Benkum Division;
5. Salifukrom – Adonten Division;
6. Ahundwo – Kyidom Division;
7. Obanda – Sanaa Division;
8. Bakamba – Gyantua Division;
9. Bontibor-Junction, Ankobea Division
11. Kefla-dinaa (Gyobega),
21. Keflubun, and all settlements under the principal towns of Deloo.
Venue – Bontibor.
1. 21 Dec, General cleaning of communities. Education on personal hygiene and need to keep our surroundings clean. Educate residents to visit the community Health Centres to screen for common chronic diseases such as Hypertension, Diabetes, etc.;
2. 22 Dec, Performance of Cultural and Traditional rites commences at Bontibor.
3. 23 – 30 Dec, Resolution of disputes between and/or amongst individuals, groups, families, clans, communities to renew our strength, unity and understanding for peaceful coexistence in order to achieve progress and development in Delooman;
4. 24 Dec, Muslim Prayers for enhancement of our strength, peace, unity and understanding amongst individuals, Families, Clans, and Communities;
5. 25 Dec, Christmas celebrations;
6. 26 Dec, Interclan Football Gala in the respective Deloo towns/communities during the day. Entertainment and Talent show at night. Lipstick, B. C. K., Last Coinz, Small Pepper, etc. host Public Concert at Bontibor backed by DJ. Participation is by all Deloo communities;
7. 27 Dec, Live Radio programme to discuss background and significance of celebrating Kedeesa/Kagyoraa festival;
8. 28 Dec, Intercommunity (Bontibor, Pusupu, Akyem, Obanda, Salifukrom and Ahundwo) Gala Matches at Bontibor.
9. 29 Dec, Intercommunity Gala matches continue at Bontibor.
10. 30 Dec, (a) Deloo/Delo Language Committee hold an open forum at Bontibor to discuss Deloo/Delo issues of concern to the language, Culture and Tradition.
11. 31 Dec, Grand Durbar of Chiefs and people of Deloo/Delo Traditional Area at D/A Primary A school compound, Bontibor. Awarding the winning team at the Durbar of Chiefs at Bontibor.
12. 2 Jan 2022, Interdenominational thanksgiving church services in all Deloo/Delo communities. Fund Raising at the church services to be organized in support of each community’s development projects;
13. Guest of Honour: – Dr. Joshua Makubu, Hon. Minister of Oti Region;
-Dr. Joshua Makumbu, Hon. Minister of Oti Region;
– Mr. Kofi Blagodzi, former Hon. Deputy Minister of Volta and Oti Regions;
– Dr. Geoffrey Kini, Hon. MP for Nkwanta South;
-Mr. Bright Kwame Lenwah, Hon. Municipal Chief Executive, Nkwanta South;
– Ms. Sherifa Sekyere-Tijani, Hon. NPP PC for 2020 and Deputy Director, Ministry of Works and Housing;
-.. Mr. Felix William Ograh Esq., Accountant, Managing Director at Yorke Properties and PPP PC for 2020;
– Mr. Narayana Charles Osei-Nyarko, Banker and Lawyer;